digital knowledge. digital culture. digital memory.

2.10.06

I am making a public appearance - "Working in IT in Canada"


New to this blog? Why not subscribe to its feed or sign up for free email updates?



Being a celeb is tough - fighting the never ending battle to sate the bottomless appetite of my fan-base with public appearances, etc... Ok, I am not famous (but I can dream) and my only true fans are my wife and kids, but I am making a public appearance this Wednesday night. I will be doing another presentation for the South Pacific Computer Society at USP in Suva on Wednesday night at 7pm.

The topic is essentially, how to look for a job in IT in Canada. There are a large number of Fijian citizens with the necessary credentials to work in Canada, but what is the best way to find that great overseas job? The particulars of the presentation are below, but I would especially like to invite any of you Fiji bloggers to drop by and say hi. You do not need to be a SPCS member to attend and admission is free.

Title: Adapting an IT career in a new environment
Speaker: Chris Hammond-Thrasher (CISSP), USP Library Systems Manager
Venue: SO24 Lecture room, SSED building, USP, Laucala Campus
Time: 7pm - 8pm
Date: Wednesday, 4th of October 2006
Free and all welcome

0 comments: